Apart from the fact that Vienna is a very beautiful and attractive tourist city, Vienna has a lot more to offer. If you want to start from scratch, Vienna is the right address for you. In 2019, Vienna was named the most livable city in the world for the 10th time in a row. And that’s not without reason.
Vienna is the capital of Austria. If you read “capital” for sure, you are probably thinking that it is not a safe city. But you’re wrong. Statistically, Vienna is one of the safest cities of all, even if crime increased slightly in the previous year. Unsurprisingly, security plays a very important role for the majority of Austrians. If you are still out in the evening, you always have several options to get from A to B safely. You can always use the U-Bahn, S-Bahn, bus or taxi. You don’t even need a car!
Vienna has a lot to offer, for young and old. Basically, Vienna has something to offer for everyone: from parks and museums to the very beautiful Disney-like palaces and the Vienna Prater.
The Vienna City Gardens maintain almost 1,000 parks with a total area of 17 square kilometers. You will definitely find the right park for you, where you can always relax or be with friends or family. The parks are a real eye-catcher for those with a „green“ heart.
For those who have small children who are „princesses“ old, the little ones can take them on a tour of the castle. This is how you become the hero of the day and your children can feel like princes or princesses. The most popular palace is the Schönbrunn Palace. This is an 18th century castle. Other popular locks are: the Laudon Castle, Alterlaa Castle, Hetzendorfer Castle, Kaiserebersdorf Castle, Maria-Theresien-Schlössel and many, many more. They have numerous museums for this. A move to Viennais an absolute must for culture lovers. There are numerous cultural events and major events throughout the year, including the New Year’s Concert by the Vienna Philharmonic, the Life Ball, the Opera Ball and the iconic Danube Island Festival. Boredom is guaranteed not to arise in Vienna.
It is of course difficult to make a list of all the sights because each has something different to offer and something for everyone to see and learn new things. Vienna is not only a city that looks beautiful, there you have opportunities not only to be amazed because of the sights, there you have opportunities for well-paid work, further education and Co. And if you just want to relax, you can do that too.
But what, if you can put it that way, Vienna is most proud of is education.
Vienna has one of the best universities in Europe. Like your children, you have many opportunities for further education. The University of Vienna is the oldest university in the German-speaking area and one of the oldest universities in Europe. It offers 178 regular courses, including over 100 master’s courses!
In addition to the University of Vienna, you have other options for further education.
For this you have from universities:
- Medical university Vienna;
- University of Economy Vienna;
- Technical University of Vienna;
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna;
- University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna;
- University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna;
- University of Applied Arts Vienna;
- Academy of Fine Arts Vienna.
Universities of Applied Sciences:
- University of Applied Sciences of the bfi Vienna;
- University of Applied Sciences Vienna Campus;
- University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien;
- FHWien der WKW;
- Lauder Business School (English).
- University of Education Vienna;
- University of Agricultural and Environmental Education Vienna;
- Church University of Education Vienna / Krems (private).
- Music and Art Private University of the City of Vienna;
- Sigmund Freund Private University of Vienna;
- Webster University Vienna (English);
- MODUL University Vienna (English);
- JAM MUSIC LAB Private University;
- CEU- Central European University (English).
Postgraduate study options:
- Master Portal Austria;
- AUCEN platform for university further education;
- University of Vienna Postgraduate Center;
- Continuing Education Center of the Vienna University of Technology;
Conclusion on this issue
From new job opportunities to having fun alone or with the family, Vienna has a lot more to offer. In addition, you have beautiful places where you can rest and relax in nature. Don’t forget the opportunities to study or further your education at Europe’s best universities. On the whole, Vienna is a beautiful, safe city with plenty of options for everything and for everyone. In this article you can read how you can deduct moving costs from tax .